Saturday, January 26, 2008

Isaac's very first basketball game

So I just watched Isaac's first game. He's 6 and has NEVER watched or played basketball. In fact no one in our house even likes the game, it's part of Upward through our church - Delaware Christian

He loves it, but has NO idea what's going on around him or where he should be. I think he was discouraged a lot. I'll lift him up and make sure he knows I'm proud and we'll go over some of the finer points. I said I didn't like it, not I didn't understand it.

So I hope he'll play baseball again this year. He was pretty good at that.

I wish he didn't get discouraged so easily. He gives up on everything if he can't figure it out the very first time. He still can't ride a bike.

It's my fault I guess, who else could it be? I'll have to work harder to make him into a strong little, independent man.

Pointers would be good.

No comments: