Saturday, January 26, 2008

O, what a life

I've been holding off blogging for sometime.......

Why you ask?

Because we've been waiting to see if we would get the house/mortgage that we've been trying for sense November. Well guess what, it's a go. We should close by 2/8/08.

So what's the big deal. It feels like we've come in a big circle. 2 years ago this week we walked away from our lives. We left the new house we had built and moved into a little apartment. Julie was pregnant and so sick. Sam was still in preschool, Isaac was 4, Simon was 18mos., Abby was 7 and changing schools again. It was a low point.

5 months later, July '06 we discharged out bankruptcy. It's a long story.

That bring us to today. We're moving into the county. 1.8 acres, barn, 3 car garage, and a 1860 farm house. EVERYONE is excited. The boys can't wait to build a tree fort, Julie can't wait to have a garden, Abby can't wait to have an animal and play in the hey loft.

Our poor kids suffered more than Julie and I. They've had their lives on hold b/c of mom and dad. I want better for them and here it comes.

So how did we get to a point that we could get a house? Thanks to Julie that's how. She started working in Nov. She took a full time position so her kids could have a house, this house. Now b4 you start with the kids should have a mom, blah, blah, blah. We agree. She works nights so her kids don't miss her. Her working doesn't take away from her kids. I'm so lucky to have Julie. My kids are lucky too.

Thank you Jules.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

WOW! Congratulations on the new digs, baby! That is awesome! I agree you are one lucky dude to have the Julie, You know that nurse rock! ;-)

I think that the flexibly of nights is just fabulous, I should...I have done it for 14 years now. WOW. But it is great to feel like a full-time provider and a full-time mom. Way to go guy! And a big thumbs up to my soul sister, Julie!

smooches!