Wednesday, January 2, 2008

That was close

About 6 months ago at work they changed the order in which courses are taught. We used to do a transition course after check rides, now it's during training. I never got the memo (if there was one). Well in Nov and Dec I noticed that there was an extra hour during my sim session. I neglected to look at what the extra hour was for, I assumed it was for mock orals. I was wrong. Very wrong. I signed off their training as complete and it wasn't. What I did was falsified records. Very BIG deal. A very big FEDERAL deal. I came with in moments - inches of losing my job today. I wasn't just that one thing. I also was late to work 2 nights in a row about 2 months ago. It was the first week our new center manager was there.

So what did happen. My our DOT and ACM came to bat for me, they saved my job. I'm sure with out their help the new CM would have had no choice but to let me go. Thank you SC and BS. I was put on probation for 1 year and had my promotion taken away (that's a hit), but those are better than unemployment.

No comments: