Monday, November 5, 2007

A few days later

Well it's dead, Julie's car that is. My dad seems to think it's a main bearing. I can get a new (junk yard) engine for $200.00, but the car was only $600.00 so I think I'll just part it out. So Julie's first paycheck is going to a car. This is where everyone we know chimes in, "Julie's working now, you should buy a new car." Why? I paid $600.00 for a car that lasted 9 months, all I had to do was put an alternator in it. 9mo = $683.00 or $70/mo. What can I buy for $70/mo????? So, instead of paying $350-$450/mo in car payments I'll keep buying used cars at maybe $1500 ea if it last 4 months I'm ahead. We'll save for a few months and then buy a used minivan for sub $3500.00, check out craigslist and you'll be surprised what you can get for that price. I know people that still owe $5000.00 on vans I can buy today for less money.

In other news, I'm sooooo angry with my kids right now, well the 9, 7 and 6 year olds. When we got up for church on Sun morning the family room, dining room and therapy room were all clean. I left for work before we got home and was home by 7 (I was gone 7 hours). The family room , entry way, therapy room, and dining room TRASHED. This bs, I'm going to kill them (not really). Kids their ages can pick up after themselves. I'm done, the hammer is coming down. They only have, what 7 weeks till Christmas. Oh, it's going to suck for them.

No comments: